1. Product name: Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG)
2. CAS number: 989-51-5
3. Molecular weight: 458.4
4. Molecular formula: C22H18O11
5. Specifications: EGCG 40%, 45%, 50%; EGCG 90%, 95%, 98%
6. Appearance: White powder
Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) is a component extracted from Chinese green tea. It is the main activity and composition of green tea. It is the component with the highest content of catechins, accounting for 9% of the gross weight of green tea- 13%, because of its special stereochemical structure, EGCG has very strong antioxidant activity and plays an important role in anti-cancer and cardiovascular diseases. It can improve the sensitivity of fluoride to chemotherapy and reduce its toxicity to the heart.
1. Used in food industry for anti-oxidation, preservation and deodorization
EGCG has very strong antioxidant activity, which is at least 100 times that of vitamin C and 25 times that of vitamin E.
2. Used in the pharmaceutical industry for antibacterial, anti-cancer, and anti-aging
ECGG interferes with the signal transmission required for the survival of cancer cells, inhibits carcinogens in the diet, and works with other enzymes and antioxidants in the intestine, liver, and lungs to prevent the vitality of certain carcinogens, remove free radicals, and resist pollution. The effects of sun exposure and smoking can prevent skin aging and wrinkles.
3. Special functional additives for daily chemical products
Tea polyphenols can deodorize and prevent caries, and can be used to add toilet water or toothpaste.